Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cloud Computing Introduction


This is my first CLOUD COMPUTING blog post. I am learning so much about using many of the Google Apps. I find it fascinating and frustrating.


First the fascinating part: I am amazed at the powerful things you can do with the cloud applications supplied free by Google. I love the Blogger and iGoogle tools and am amazed at the word processing, spreadsheet, and slideshow presentation software. Amazing that it is all available with no download. Here is a screenshot of my iGoogle:


Frustration: Mainly that the Internet can be slow and cranky! Our Internet has been down all day, which means I can do nothing online. Thank goodness a lot of the work can be done offline (Notepad is the BOMB), but in order for the cloud to work right, you have to have access to the cloud! Grrrr.
All-in-all, I must say I am learning a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment